Warmer Together: The Big H&F Community Christmas Lunch
Help UNITED in Hammersmith & Fulham enable 400+ local older people to receive Christmas lunches if they are spending Christmas Day alone. Your donation may be doubled from 1st-8th December as part of The Big Give Christmas Challenge.
The pandemic means that hundreds of local older people are unable to enjoy H&F Council’s usual Christmas Day gathering. This year, even more people will be spending 25 December alone, due to it being unsafe to see family or friends, as a result of another group activity being cancelled, or because of the devastating loss of loved ones.
So we have come up with ‘The Big H&F Community Christmas Lunch’
We’re working with H&F Council enable a safely cooked and delivered Christmas lunches along with gift bags to at least 400 lonely or isolated older people in the borough on Christmas Day. This is a huge operation which we call on the community to help make happen.
We need £16,000 in total.
This is one of the many ways in which we and other partners are supporting the community through the winter months. We want to ensure that everyone is included and supported, and that nobody is left out.
PLEASE NOTE OUR BIG GIVE MATCH FUND PAGE HAS NOW CLOSED. SEE OTHER OPTIONS TO GIVE, BELOW.
Any donation you make on the UNITED in Hammersmith & Fulham Big Give portal from 1st-8th December 2020 will be matched until we reach the first £4,875. And anything above this is still very much needed for lunches and other services throughout the winter.
This initiative fully relies on the generosity of local individuals, businesses and foundations. 100% of funds raised will support older people who are alone and isolated during the winter period.
“Please can you donate towards giving older people who’ll be alone at Christmas a great Christmas Day lunch? Thank you to the residents, businesses and charities who are backing the Big H&F Community Christmas to ensure that no-one in our borough is left out.”
– Ben Coleman, Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Social Care, H&F Council
Each Donation Will Make a Difference on Christmas Day
- £200: could pay for 25 older isolated people to be checked in on by a friendly e-Cargo bike lunch delivery rider on the 25th December – in rain, snow or shine
- £100: could pay for 5 shielding older people’s hot meals as they struggle with high risk health conditions
- £40: could pay for a single older person’s hot Christmas lunch, complete with a gift bag and delivery to their door
- £20: could pay for a hot Christmas lunch to be prepared by a local community chef
- £5: could pay for a Christmas gift bag for an older person
How to Give
- Donate online via green button below, which takes you to United in Hammersmith & Fulham’s Big Give portal. This is live from 1st-8th December. The first £4,875 of donations will be doubled during this time thanks to the McGrath Charitable Trust.
Give via Virgin Giving after 8 December, 2020. All monies collected goes to this fund.
- Give a larger amount by BACS. Email below for bank details, and please send a completed Gift Aid Form if you’re a UK taxpayer, too
- Make a gift via CAF Bank. Send this to ‘UNITED in Hammersmith & Fulham’ with reference ‘Warmer Together: H&F Big Christmas Lunch’. Let us know at the email below so we know what’s coming.
- If you’re a local business, make a company gift to the campaign, letting us know at the below email how you’d like to do this and if you’d like a receipt
Got a question?
If you have a question or would like to find out more about the Big Give, we would be happy to help.
Contact Savraj Kaur, Executive Director of United in Hammersmith & Fulham, at email@example.com.
“This week, one donation can have twice the impact. We are proud to be part of a compassionate community and to be matching funds for older people in H&F this Christmas.”
– The McGrath Charitable Trust
United in Hammersmith & Fulham is proud to fundraise as part of the Big H&F Community Christmas.