Tech4Kids: 2021 Appeal
The coronavirus crisis has exposed the fact that 1,500 local children are in urgent need of a laptop or internet connectivity at home. They are from some of the most disadvantaged families, living in poverty.
Tech4Kids is an ambitious appeal with H&F Council and local enterprise Ready Tech Go to supply devices and data to catch up with missed learning and gain vital digital skills for life. We call on people and businesses to help us to fill the gaps and make none of these local children have to go without any longer, whether inside or outside of a pandemic.
Donate any amount today so we can ensure they can access digital learning and fulfil their potential.
- £20 can provide an essential data sim card to kick-start online access
- £159 can provide a child a high-value laptop, complete with safeguarding software
- £5,000 can keep an entire class size in poverty equipped with vital devices
100% of funds raised goes to help those who are in need of devices and data.
Alternatively, donate your quality devices to refurbish.
- Companies and individuals can give laptops or tablet PCs by clicking to email below
- Our tech volunteers will refurbish, secure, and deliver eligible devices to those in need.
Bigger gifts and fundraising
- Grant-makers or company representatives may be able to support further please contact Savraj at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAF Bank customers can send payments to ‘UNITED in Hammersmith & Fulham’ with ref. ‘Tech4Kids’
- Want to fundraise? We’d love that, and you can begin by clicking the ‘Start Fundraising’ button here.
We welcome any other queries by email.
Savraj Kaur, Executive Director of UNITED and Co-Founder of Ready Tech Go, says, “The young people we are helping have families who face the very real choice between WiFi or weekly food shopping. A simple gift of a device today can break the cycle of poverty many have been born into – helping to raise self esteem, boost attainment at school, and improve prospects for employment and pay for many years to come.”
Councillor Larry Culhane, H&F Cabinet Member for Children and Education is backing the campaign: “Please support so all students can keep up with their learning, catch up on anything they have missed and be best prepared for any further consequences of this tragic pandemic.”
Proud to work in partnership for children and young people most in need of devices: