An online application process for local groups

Hammersmith & Fulham Council has launched the Spring Wellness Fund, awarding grants to community organisations supporting those most in need until end June. The fund has been sourced from a grant fund received from the government, and is part of a larger programme.

The main focus (80%) of the fund is supporting families with children with essentials, including food and utility bills. The remaining 20% of the grant can be used by local groups to support households without children or with other essentials.

 

Extra funding to be allocated on w/c 14 June, 2021

We are re-opening the invitation to organisations who want to apply for a grant of between £200 and £2,500.

Applications will be assessed by an adjudication panel, and administered by UNITED in Hammersmith & Fulham on the same week, so please submit no later than midday on Thursday 17th June.

Click to apply here.

 

The funding criteria

This funding must be used to support households with food, utility bills or other essential items (e.g. sanitary products, warm clothing, soap, blankets, boiler service/repair, purchase of equipment including fridges, freezers, ovens, etc.).

Of the overall funding we have to allocate:

  • At least 80% of the funds must be used to support children (under 19), or families with children, with up to 20% for other households.
  • At least 80% of the funds must be used to provide food or help paying for utilities, with up to 20% for other essentials.

Due to the limitations of this criteria, we particularly welcome applications that assign a larger proportion of the funding to families to support with food and utilities. However, all applications that meet the criteria will be considered e.g. support for vulnerable elderly residents with essential items.

We also welcome projects that support the following priority groups:

  • Vulnerable children
  • Children in Early Years and pregnant mothers
  • Care leavers
  • Unaccompanied asylum seekers
  • Low-income families
  • Other vulnerable households

Examples of support offered could include:

  • food distribution to vulnerable communities
  • Support with period poverty
  • Help with other essential household items
  • Helping to reduce social isolation
  • Direct support for people in crisis

All groups who are successful in their application and are awarded a grant, you will be asked to provide a brief report.