An online application process for local groups

Hammersmith & Fulham Council has launched the Winter Wellbeing Community Fund, awarding grants to community organisations supporting those most in need between December 2020 and mid-April 2021. (Update 12/03/2021)

The fund has been sourced from a ‘winter grant’ fund received from the government, and is part of a larger programme of initiatives to support residents under the banner of ‘Winter Wellbeing’.

The main focus (80%) of the winter grant is supporting families with children with essentials, including food and utility bills. This is, therefore, the key focus of the Winter Wellbeing Community Fund. The remaining 20% of the grant can be used by local groups to support households without children or with other essentials.

 

How the fund will be allocated

We are inviting organisations to apply for a grant of between £200 and £10,000. Applications are assessed by an adjudication panel, and administered by UNITED in Hammersmith & Fulham.

We are distributing the fund in two phases, the first in December 2020, and the second in the New Year. We are keen to start allocating the money to where it is needed as soon as possible before Christmas, so the first deadline for submitting applications will be midday on Thursday 17th December. If you are able to get your application in by midday on 10th December, we may be able to process it more quickly.

Please note: the size of the fund is limited, so please send your application in as soon as possible in order to be considered by the panel.

 

The funding criteria

This funding must be used to support households with food, utility bills or other essential items (e.g. sanitary products, warm clothing, soap, blankets, boiler service/repair, purchase of equipment including fridges, freezers, ovens, etc.).

Of the overall funding we have to allocate:

  • At least 80% of the funds must be used to support children (under 19), or families with children, with up to 20% for other households.
  • At least 80% of the funds must be used to provide food or help paying for utilities, with up to 20% for other essentials.

Due to the limitations of this criteria, we particularly welcome applications that assign a larger proportion of the funding to families to support with food and utilities. However, all applications that meet the criteria will be considered e.g. support for vulnerable elderly residents with essential items.

We also welcome projects that support the following priority groups:

  • Vulnerable children
  • Children in Early Years and pregnant mothers
  • Care leavers
  • Unaccompanied asylum seekers
  • Low-income families
  • Those facing social isolation over the winter
  • Other vulnerable households

Examples of support offered could include:

  • food distribution to vulnerable communities
  • Support with period poverty
  • Help with other essential household items
  • Helping to reduce social isolation
  • Direct support for people in crisis

All groups who are successful in their application and are awarded a grant, you will be asked to provide a brief report.

 

FAQs and Guidance

Before you apply, please see a PDF of frequently asked questions: Winter Wellbeing Community Fund FAQ.

 

If you have any queries about your project’s eligibility, or for support in completing the form, please contact Christelle, Community Grants Officer, at team@unitedhf.org or on 07767 721 732 (Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays).

 

Application.

The Winter Wellbeing Community Fund has now closed.